ABOUT MY SERVICES
I teach French, Spanish and English from primary through to undergraduate level, including
remedial grammar, essay consultation and preparation for retakes. I also provide Entrance Examination Scholarship
coaching and Oxbridge Entrance preparation (with a 100% success rate in both). In addition, I have attended the
Holland Park training course in 7, 8, 11 and 13+ examinations in English/Maths/Reasoning and
Common Entrance. In 2019, I was selected to pilot the Scholarship preparation scheme, 'Class Action', where I was the lead 'Supertutor' and organised and ran classes to prepare students for 7+ and 8+ examinations.
As well as extensive experience and success at all levels between 4 and 18, I have three adult learners (beginners’ French and English GCSE), 260 hours’ experience teaching French at Undergraduate level and 150 hours' experience teaching English at IB Level. I have also home-schooled three A2 French pupils - to A and A* success!
• My home-schooled French A Level pupil gained an A* and his place at Oxford. Another home-schooled A Level retake pupil went from B to A* Level and received unconditional offers from top universities.
• My remedial IB pupil improved his grade from Level 4 to Level 6 after working intensively on his English Language and Literature with me for 4 weeks. He then, with my ongoing help, went on to secure his Level 6 and his place at University College London.
• Under my tuition, my pupil successfully gained his place at Eton on a French scholarship. Another two pupils were awarded scholarship to St Paul's - one of whom achieved the highest marks in the school for his French exam, for which he received a personal phone call.
• My Common Entrance pupil - with whom I had been working for three years - got a Merit for French, meaning he scored 80-90%.
• All three of my EFL students gained places at the schools of their choice (Headington, Sedbergh and The Dragon School).
• I brought a GCSE pupil up from the equivalent of a D/E to A* Level in mock papers. He is on track for a Level 7 (up from Level 2/3) under the new system. I am so proud of him and of the love of French (along with the work ethic) which he developed over the course of this year.